Friday, November 09, 2007

Haji Maksah Barkat Chahya Food

Wednesday, 7 November 2007

I have heard about this famous Boon Lay nasi lemak for a long time but never got round to trying it. Finally decided to give it a try though I didn't queue for it..KS did. =) Though the queue was super long and remained long even when we were eating, he took approximately 15 mins for his turn. There were 2 guys serving so it was pretty smooth and fast except there was someone who ordered like 10 packets before us. Anyway back to the food, to me, the key characteristics in nasi lemak are the rice and the chilli. The rice is fragrant and the chilli is good but I can't say for sure they are much better than any other nasi lemak stores I have been to. As for the chicken wings, I still prefer the chicken wings from Eng Kee Fried Chicken Wings at Commonwealth Drive.



Haji Maksah Barkat Chahya Food
Blk 221B Boon Lay Place
#01-106 Boon Lay Place Food Village
Singapore 642221
Opens: 6.30am-3pm/ 9pm-3am, Closed on Mondays

No comments: